If you have a phone jack that is old and needs to be replaced, try doing it yourself and it is likely easier than you might think.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the old jack cover from the wall, and carefully loosen all of the screws inside the housing. This will disconnect the phone wires and the old connector block. When everything is loosened, carefully remove the old block.
- Use a paintbrush to get any dust and dirt off of the wall and the wires.
- Screw the new block into the wall.
- Notice that the new jack and block are marked with the letters g, r, bk and y. These represent the colors of the wires: green, red, black, and yellow. Match each of the colored wires from the wall to the correct terminal and wrap the wires clockwise around the screws.
- Insert the wires from the new housing, which are also color-coded, behind the screw and then carefully tighten each one down.