Marble is a beautiful finish in any home, but it is porous and stains easily. So there are some special care issues to consider.
1. Wipe off anything spilled on marble immediately, it will soak into the stone and will cause a stain. Make sure that you use coasters under beverage glasses to avoid moisture rings.
2. For routine cleaning, mix a little soapy lukewarm water and clean with a soft cloth, then dry immediately with an absorbent towel so the moisture doesn’t have a chance to soak into the surface.
3. If you have stains on marble, use a neutral, nonabrasive cleaner to remove the stain, like hydrogen peroxide, it works well and it’s inexpensive.
4. For grease stains on marble, brush cornstartch over the stain and lay plastic wrap over the cornstarch. This will remove the grease from of the stone. Leave it overnight and brush the cornstarch away in the morning.
5. If you have marble countertops or bathroom surfaces, it is a good idea to seal them to protect from staining and it allows soil to be wiped off with a damp cloth.
6. Beautiful marble protected. I’m Mrs. Fixit and it’s just that simple.